Good. Bye. 2012. You were mean.
But honestly it was a rough year for me, as one could imagine after being unemployed for first half of the year. I’m really happy where I am now but the getting here was rough! Everyone keeps saying 2013 is going to be their year (the same people that say it every year…) and that’s great and all but I want to set new goals for myself to make that statement.
1. Be honest with myself about what I want in life. I get side tracked from being so busy that I forget what I want! Or I just don’t spend enough me-time thinking about my goals. Time to get on that starting NOW!
2. Update this blog more often. I tend to delve into work each week and forget to update. But I love to when I do have the chance so I want to set aside at least 3 mornings a week where I will post something.
3. Start and finish projects, including making my apartment a home (it’s almost there with a couple more pieces of furniture!) and painting my bedroom walls. I also want to start sewing again! My sewing machine is dusty!
4. Travel, travel, travel. I love it and don’t do it enough. Even a little trip to San Diego or San Francisco is in order. I’m going to Vegas in a couple weekends but that’s a total different monster. I’m thinking a week in Spain is in order as well, perhaps for my birthday in the fall?
5. Be better with money. I am seriously bad with $$. I spend it all on fancy meals and wonder where it all went!
6. Bring my lunch to work at least 3 times a week. $10 a day on lunch x 5 days a week x 4 weeks is $200! If I bring my lunch 3x a week I’d save $80+ monthly. That’s a new pair of shoes, a few old-fashioneds, a flea-market furniture find!
7. Work out more. I went on a lovely hike to Fryman Canyon yesterday and it was BEAUTIFUL. Super easy hike and lots of shade. I also want to go to Bar Method or Pop Physique at least 4x a week. I have a running pilates session weekly and I wish I had more time to do more! Also thinking about joining a new gym– one where someone will come and drag me out of bed in the morning. That exists, right?
I think these goals are achievable in the next 364 days. Let’s get to it!
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, holiday, week!
Fresh off the skype/google hangout with my bff Heidi who lives in London and we were discussing 2013 travel plans. Some ideas that came into mind included Ireland/Scotland (Whisk(e)y please!), Istanbul, Spain (“let’s rent an apartment in Spain for a week!”), Germany, and so many others. Perhaps a trip to Barcelona for Sonar or stay in London for Field Day Festival? The world is our oyster.
As far as domestic trips, I am hoping for long overdue trip to NYC in February. My friend is working during fashion week and I would love to tag along, especially since my cousin is in NYC and brother is in DC. I haven’t been to New York since I went (by myself!) four and a half years ago! I didn’t even get to do everything on my list: Zabars, Dumbo, various choclotiers, restaurants, museums! Perhaps a trip to the gorgeous Bowery Hotel? Brunch at the Palace a la Gossip Girl? On another note, I am SO SAD Gossip Girl is over. It’s depressing whenever a show I watch ends! I don’t have cable so I usually just buy it on iTunes and wake up at 6 AM the morning after it airs to watch it. Though someone on FB did ruin GG for me. Really people? Why would your status update be a spoiler for he end of an entire series? Delete!
Last but not least, Coachella is coming up soon! One more payment and I have my passes for not one, but two weekends! How will I ever have the money to go to Europe this summer?! Time to go play the lottery!
photo credit: nyc, sevilla
It still feels like summer in Los Angeles, even though Hurricane Sandy has effected my friends on the east coast. Hope everyone out there is safe now with electricity and a roof over your heads.
This weekend I went on a bike ride in Venice Beach, something usually reserved for warm summer afternoons. It was a beautiful day out that involved watching old men in roller skates dance around and 3 year olds on skateboards.
I definitely am looking forward to wearing tights (without sweating) and lots of coats and scarves. Is that ever going to happen?
It looks like it’s going to cool down towards the end of this week, so let’s hope for fall to start sometime soon.
Not really sure why we call Firenze Florence. Firenze isn’t that difficult to pronounce.
My third favorite city on my trip was definitely Florence. I only spent approx. 10 hours in this lovely city but immediately fell in love. Did it have to do with the adorable french bulldog I followed around? Maybe! It just seemed like a lively city complete with adorable animals everywhere and delicious food. I was able to pick out a perfect leather jacket while in town and have lunch at a restaurant that used to be a casino. How gorgeous are the painted ceilings and chandeliers? Can I get married there? Even the tile in the bathroom was beautiful.
Oh Europe, you make LA seem hideous.