Good. Bye. 2012. You were mean.
But honestly it was a rough year for me, as one could imagine after being unemployed for first half of the year. I’m really happy where I am now but the getting here was rough! Everyone keeps saying 2013 is going to be their year (the same people that say it every year…) and that’s great and all but I want to set new goals for myself to make that statement.
1. Be honest with myself about what I want in life. I get side tracked from being so busy that I forget what I want! Or I just don’t spend enough me-time thinking about my goals. Time to get on that starting NOW!
2. Update this blog more often. I tend to delve into work each week and forget to update. But I love to when I do have the chance so I want to set aside at least 3 mornings a week where I will post something.
3. Start and finish projects, including making my apartment a home (it’s almost there with a couple more pieces of furniture!) and painting my bedroom walls. I also want to start sewing again! My sewing machine is dusty!
4. Travel, travel, travel. I love it and don’t do it enough. Even a little trip to San Diego or San Francisco is in order. I’m going to Vegas in a couple weekends but that’s a total different monster. I’m thinking a week in Spain is in order as well, perhaps for my birthday in the fall?
5. Be better with money. I am seriously bad with $$. I spend it all on fancy meals and wonder where it all went!
6. Bring my lunch to work at least 3 times a week. $10 a day on lunch x 5 days a week x 4 weeks is $200! If I bring my lunch 3x a week I’d save $80+ monthly. That’s a new pair of shoes, a few old-fashioneds, a flea-market furniture find!
7. Work out more. I went on a lovely hike to Fryman Canyon yesterday and it was BEAUTIFUL. Super easy hike and lots of shade. I also want to go to Bar Method or Pop Physique at least 4x a week. I have a running pilates session weekly and I wish I had more time to do more! Also thinking about joining a new gym– one where someone will come and drag me out of bed in the morning. That exists, right?
I think these goals are achievable in the next 364 days. Let’s get to it!