As it should be!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Caramel Apple:
- Candy Apples were first introduced in Arabian cuisine. The reason was that fruit was candied to preserve it.
- Americans have over the years turned that practice into gigantic apples covered everything from red candy and caramel to chocolate, peanuts, popcorn, and more chocolate.
- Soldiers in World War I were slanged “toffee apples” Candy Apples are popular all over the world.
- China vendors sell them on bicycle, England celebrates Guy Fawkes Day with caramel apples on November 5.
- Everything from a Kool-Aid flavor to a nail-polish shade has been named candy apple red.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1826 Noah Cushing was issued a patent for a threshing and winnowing machine.
- 1831 Carl von Voit was born. German physiologist whose work on metabolism helped establish modern nutritional science.
- 1888 Scottish inventor John Boyd Dunlop was issued…
View original post 119 more words