It’s finally Fall in Los Angeles! Well, for a few days at least.
When I got home from work the other day I thought, I want soup! Thankfully I have lots of fresh vegetables from the farmer’s market and was able to throw something delicious together. Here’s what I threw together:
Franny’s Fresh Veggie & Chicken Soup for One
1 Chicken Thigh (boiled til almost done on the inside)
1/4 Zucchini Squash, chopped
2 medium Carrots, chopped
3 large Kale leaves, chopped or ripped into bite sized pieces
1 medium Heirloom Tomato, chopped
1/4 Onion, chopped
1/2 cup Mushrooms, chopped (I used oyster and crimini)
1 medium Clove Garlic, smashed or whole
3-4 Cups Chicken or Veggie Broth
Herbes de Provence
Salt & Pepper
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
1. Warm Olive Oil in Stock Pot. Add Carrots, Onion, and Tomato and cook for 5 minutes. Salt and Pepper, to taste.
2. Add squash and cook for 3 minutes, until slightly tender.
3. Stir in Broth, Mushrooms, Kale and Garlic. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Add Chicken and Bring to Boil.
5. Add Garlic, Herbes de Provence and Dill.
4. Simmer for 10-15 minutes and serve.