One of my favorite late night snacks is Cacio d Pepe. It’s so simple to make and I always have the ingredients.
Here’s my version (1 Serving):
Linguine or other Pasta (I grab a handful or less)
1 TBSP Unsalted Butter
4 TBSP Mascarpone (or more if you’re into it)
1/3 Cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Unlimited Amounts of Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Boil Salted Water and Add Linguine Once Boiling
- Add Butter to Medium-High Heated Skillet
- Once Melted, Add enough Pepper to cover the pan
- When Pepper is Toasted, add Mascarpone and Parmigiano to Pan and stir until incorporated.
- Lower Heat.
- Once Linguine is al dente, add to sauce.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste. Serve warm!