I’ve always loved this line- the party supplies are always adorable + chic.
I’ve picked up a few little things here and there but the latest line is SO me. I love love love hearts (my favorite ring and earrings have hearts on them.) The new line is absolutely adorable. One of my best friends is having a baby girl in a couple months and I can’t wait to spoil her with polka hearts and lots of love.
Look. At. These. Ottomans. ❤ ❤ ❤
I could spend hours upon hours perusing etsy and purchasing all kinds of things I want but don’t need. I’ve been eyeing this chalkboard from dirstastudio for YEARS and finally took the plunge when I saw it comes in green. Just like elementary school. My obsession with maps and globes is a bit excessive, but how else am I going to keep track of past, current and future travels?
I felt like my TV was taking up an unnecessary amount of space and spotlight in my already tiny living room. I am completely against having one in my bedroom – so it had to go.
This is part of how I’ve been trying the whole 40 Bags in 40 Days thing and it’s going REALLY well. I sold my TV (bye, au revoir, adios!) – which is shocking to many people. But if you know me – you know I just don’t really watch television. I’d rather read, listen to music or hang out with friends face-to-face. Yes, there are few TV shows I actually watch religiously (GIRLS, Mad Men) and many series that I watch over and over and over (The Original Law & Order, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, Gossip Girl). Lots of “girls.” However, most of my TV watching is in bed while trying to fall asleep. I think I’m too OCD to really sit and watch tv and I am FAMOUSLY known among friends for falling asleep during movies.
I also used it as a “fireplace” during Friendsgiving last year – but candles will do next time.
Would you ever get rid of your television?
While I have been purging my apartment (anyone need dining chairs or a tv?!) I’ve been looking at a lot of macrame wall hangings and absolutely adore them. I always think “I can do that!” But am I really?
But on another note I stumbled upon this gorgeous piece at a garage sale for $20. The lady bought it in Ecuador.
Couldn’t be happier with how it turned out.
I also just purchased a gorgeous photo of Iceland from 20×200 . How stunning is it?! My walls are finally coming together!
I’m in desperate need of new shoe storage. They always end up in the hallway, but I think I want to make an open storage situation happen. I think I wear about 10% of all the shoes I own.
Is it too messy?
All photos from Pinterest
Good. Bye. 2012. You were mean.
But honestly it was a rough year for me, as one could imagine after being unemployed for first half of the year. I’m really happy where I am now but the getting here was rough! Everyone keeps saying 2013 is going to be their year (the same people that say it every year…) and that’s great and all but I want to set new goals for myself to make that statement.
1. Be honest with myself about what I want in life. I get side tracked from being so busy that I forget what I want! Or I just don’t spend enough me-time thinking about my goals. Time to get on that starting NOW!
2. Update this blog more often. I tend to delve into work each week and forget to update. But I love to when I do have the chance so I want to set aside at least 3 mornings a week where I will post something.
3. Start and finish projects, including making my apartment a home (it’s almost there with a couple more pieces of furniture!) and painting my bedroom walls. I also want to start sewing again! My sewing machine is dusty!
4. Travel, travel, travel. I love it and don’t do it enough. Even a little trip to San Diego or San Francisco is in order. I’m going to Vegas in a couple weekends but that’s a total different monster. I’m thinking a week in Spain is in order as well, perhaps for my birthday in the fall?
5. Be better with money. I am seriously bad with $$. I spend it all on fancy meals and wonder where it all went!
6. Bring my lunch to work at least 3 times a week. $10 a day on lunch x 5 days a week x 4 weeks is $200! If I bring my lunch 3x a week I’d save $80+ monthly. That’s a new pair of shoes, a few old-fashioneds, a flea-market furniture find!
7. Work out more. I went on a lovely hike to Fryman Canyon yesterday and it was BEAUTIFUL. Super easy hike and lots of shade. I also want to go to Bar Method or Pop Physique at least 4x a week. I have a running pilates session weekly and I wish I had more time to do more! Also thinking about joining a new gym– one where someone will come and drag me out of bed in the morning. That exists, right?
I think these goals are achievable in the next 364 days. Let’s get to it!
It’s herrrre! And I absolutely love it! Best purchase I’ve made in weeks. I love CanvasPop!